Build / Configuration Manager – Northampton – Financial Services
We have an exciting opportunity for a Build and Configuration Manager to join our leading financial services client in Northampton to work on a large scale digital transformation programme.
Responsibilities will involve:
Delivery Pipeline Management
- Maintain a map of the delivery pipeline
- What version of what product is deployed in what environment – through PIT, SIT, IFT, Group test etc
- Maintains the deployment pipeline map
- Owns the end to end environment across each product / client / phase
- Gateway for deployment / releases
- Defines what versions need to be deployed to meet a specific client / test request
- Transition governance into the test environment – ensuring QA activities are completed. Ensures sign-off for new deployments
- Ensures any supported deployment payload is available.
- Correct treatment of configuration and reference data for the type of deployment (hot fix, maint release, new deployment)
- Tracks new environment creations and fitness for starting Test
- Ensures that initial configuration settings correct, and accountable for config validation
- Ensures that configuration is not over-written, or is automatically applied for system, application and business
- Owns the realisation of the branching strategy for new releases / major builds to support multiple-version testing
- Ensures that code changes are implemented correctly to meet test needs (hot fix deployment, full update)
- Maintains mapping of code versions as they are promoted through environments
- Maintains dependencies between products and the alignment of versions
- Maintains dependencies between technologies within a product, and the alignment of build versions.
Fantastic opportunity to join a £multi-million, multiple workstream programme of work.
£400-450 per day, 6 month contract.