Build & Configuration Manager - Northampton - £55-60k + Bonus + Bens.
Build and Configuration Manager required by Northampton's leading financial services software business. They operate a vital but complex set of IT systems designed to provide critical services to major banks. They have recently been developing a new platform focussed on cutting-edge image-based processing.
The role will provide governance of the application changes across pre-production and live environments, working closely with the development, deployment and test teams to provide end to end control of our delivery pipeline and ensuring the integrity and consistency of our environments. The role will also be accountable for providing a common view of the status of software artefacts in the various delivery environments; defining and governing release processes and controls; driving continuous improvement; aligning activities to our Information Security policies and client obligations, and extending our adoption of DevOps practices and principles where appropriate.
- The role will be focused on the software application artefacts and their deployment into target environments – both pre-production and live.
- The role will, therefore, build processes and orchestrate activities across the development, build, deployment and test teams.
- The role will cover in-house applications, 3rd party applications, and some aspects of middle-ware environments where dependent upon or impacting application configuration and deployment. For the avoidance of doubt, it will not be accountable for infrastructure, network and operating system configuration.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of managing a build/ config / environment for in-house developed and tested applications.
- Previous experience managing versions of applications in different stages (build / deploy / test / “deploy to live”) pipeline.of testing and different environments, together with the associated config and installation packaging
- Good knowledge of lifecycle management/deployment tools such as TFS, Jenkins and WIX.
- Configuration Management tools such as TFS, SCCM
- Understanding of Technology within product (.net, SQL, Ctrl-M)
- Experience of multi-environment test strategies.
- Experience with complex products and dependencies.
- Project planning
- Complex projects, orchestrating releases across multiple technology teams and functional leads.
For immediate consideration for this excellent opportunity please contact Peter Sanders on 01908 886033