Big Data Solution Architect
This role is based in Malvern, Farnborough or London working for a company with the team working within various sectors such as Big Data, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing for Security, Defence and Commercial customers, and includes software engineers, systems engineers and Human Science practitioners as well as Data Science specialists.
The aim of this team is to maintain and develop data analytics supporting projects across the whole company.
- Technical Leadership of bids and projects
- Technical Sales – supporting the Business Development team to discuss possible solutions with customers
- Leadership within an area of the business (an Integrated Delivery Team (IDT)) that needs an enduring Big Data capability
- Governance, review of customer deliverables
- Working on customer sites
- Technically lead bids and projects – communicating and influencing stakeholders
- Working with Project Managers and customers producing quality technical output to satisfy customer requirements
- Accountable to the BD team for high-quality and timely material supporting the winning of new business with customers
- Accountable to the IDT (Integrated Delivery Team) Leader as part of their leadership team for maintaining and developing a growing team in Big Data Engineering
- Accountable to the Technical Excellence function within the company for the quality of customer deliverables
Knowledge and Skills/ Experience Required:
- Qualified to at least University Honours Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Good track record of technical leadership of Data Analytics projects.
- Exposure to Cloud technologies.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in many aspects of the engineering of Big Data systems, including a good number of the Open-source and branded tools and languages listed below.
- Enthusiastic and willing to work flexibly to be part of a high-performing team.
- Proven experience of working in a consultancy role, focused on customer needs and requirements or equivalent engineering role with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
- Experience across the full product development lifecycle from requirements to user testing.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communications skills.
- Big Data tools include: ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Spark, Solr, Salt/Puppet/Ansible, Zookeeper, Accumulo, Kafka, MongoDB, Neo4J. Also Cassandra, Apache Storm, IBM Infosphere Streams, Oracle 11/12, ZeroMQ, OrientDB.
- Languages include: Java/Scala, Python, Bash.
- Operating systems include: Linux (various flavours).
- Experience of AWS and/or Azure
- Experience in leading Agile or scaled Agile teams, or a member of this type of team.
- Familiarity with a DevOps environment
- More general systems engineering design and implementation processes
Successful candidate will need to be eligible for high level security clearance up to DV