Report Developer/Analyst is required by this company who are one of the world’s leading publishers of books and eBooks and other associated products – based in Oxford.
You will be joining the Research & Analytics team. This new role is tasked with helping the business to track performance, identify new revenue opportunities, support evidence-based sales pitches, and inform key business decision making, through the development of insightful dashboards & reports and the production of complex ad-hoc analysis.
The role will also be expected to undertake a certain amount of training & knowledge sharing to help upskill other team members.
Key skill in: Power BI, SSRS and good SQL/T-SQL querying skills.
· Working with wider Research & Analytics team and business stakeholders to identify, scope, document and develop key analytics and business intelligence (BI) opportunities
· Develop reporting that offers end-users an easy and intuitive way to interact with their data, to spot the pieces of information most critical to their jobs and to act on them immediately. To include dashboards, heat and geographic maps with drill-down and drill-through capability, actionable key performance indicators (KPIs), automatic report scheduling and business alerts.
· Engaging in full report development lifecycle including Requirements, Design, Development, Testing and Support.
· Maximizing reporting performance
· Pulling & cleaning data from business systems and other sources using languages such as SQL and Python, to produce ad-hoc analysis based on business requirements.
o Delivering insights through an effective understanding of:
The company’s strategic goals
The roles of the various departments within the company’s strategy
The pieces of information that are vital to each department and to the company as a whole
· Helping to upskill the wider Research & Analytics team through training and knowledge sharing.
To be successful the ideal candidate will have:
· Previous experience within a similar role
· SQL programming - SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
· BI visualization tools – e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Cognos
· Experience interacting with Microsoft data/analytics stack: Azure, HDInsight, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse would be distinct advantage.
Some international travel may be required. The position is based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire
In return we offer a great salary, 25 days holiday per annum, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.