Location: Ideally Southampton (or other UK sites: Luton, Edinburgh or Bristol)
Are you a creative applications developer? If so, we'd like you to join our client’s team. They're a close-knit, multi-talented bunch embarking on an ambitious and exciting digitisation project, producing data driven mobile and web applications to take aerospace and defence where it's never gone before!
With your design and development skills, you'll be able to help us to provide information to our customers (both internal and external) however they want to receive it: from desktops to the cloud and onto mobile devices, from live streams to automated decision making. You'll work on our ground-breaking and invaluable customer support solutions, creating new opportunities to allow us to grow across the company and globally.
Here's a few of the great things you can expect when you join the team.
Great work-life balance
Life shouldn't be all work and no play. That's why we offer brilliant benefits like half days on Fridays, flexible hours, gym memberships, and many other lovely incentives to make life great.
The work's never boring
Obviously not! You'll be part of a team breaking new ground in aerospace and defence. From day one, you'll have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities. What's more, you'll get to see your projects through the full product cycle – from inception to implementation, working in an agile way to gain customer feedback as you go. You can truly own what you do.
Love solving problems? Well you can rest assured that the second you've solved one problem, another's on the way – which, for you, we're sure isn't a problem.
Room to grow
We offer fantastic opportunities for learning, development and professional growth. Your career with us will be massively varied. Join us, and you'll be constantly reinventing and developing your technical skillset from one project to the next. Learning on the job isn't just a benefit – it's a must.
Like the sound of it so far? Check out the nitty gritty of what you'll actually be doing.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Front-end development - taking the customer's user stories, turning them into requirements and using them to develop web and Android based applications that you will then test with the customer.
- Back-end development – creating the back-end data services and repositories that allow different customers secure access to the data they need when they need it.
- Adapt and modify the applications to improve functionality and usability
- Propose improvements that would enhance the user experience
- Documentation and configuration management of the design
- Ensure re-use and modularity across any solutions proposed
- Personally coach and mentor junior engineers
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Understanding of how to create good software architecture
- Excellent working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for problem solving and an ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of design of micro-services and APIs (REST, JSON)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience working in a cloud environment
- Ability to build user interfaces on iOS and/or Android platforms
Although the preferred location is Southampton, this role can also be based at other UK sites (Luton, Edinburgh or Bristol). The collaboration centre for the team is in Southampton, so if not based there, it will be necessary to travel there on a regular basis.
As it is a geographically dispersed line of business, the role will include travel within the UK, and possibly also abroad, to support customer meetings or demonstration activities. In some cases you will also be expected to stay overnight as part of this travel.
For more information please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886 030 or email@example.com