Applications Management Support Analyst – Atlassian/SCM
We are looking for an experienced Applications and Software Configuration Tools Analyst to join a small applications/SCM support team based in Telford.
This role is required to provide expert administration and support of a range of Configuration Management and Application Lifecycle Management Tools, both Commercially-sourced and bespoke developed.
- Delivery of Configuration and Application Lifecycle Management Tools support.
- Technical resolution of service-affecting incidents in line with agreed resolution targets or reasonable endeavours, as appropriate.
- Investigation and resolution of root cause of service-affecting incidents to prevent recurrence
- Application administration and support for in-scope systems
- Provision of Out Of Hours (On Call) cover on a rota basis
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of in-scope applications
- Housekeeping activities to ensure ongoing availability and capacity for in-scope systems.
- Creation & maintenance of support documentation
- Delivery of agreed upgrade and patching activities
- Propose, agree and deliver enhancement suggestions
Technologies and skills
- Atlassian Bamboo, Bitbucket, Fisheye / Crucible, Confluence, JIRA
- Sonatype Nexus
- Collabnet Subversion
- Serena Dimensions 12
- IBM Synergy and Rational Clearquest
- BMC ADDM
- Apache, Java virtual machines
- SQL Server
- Virtualised infrastructure
- Linux, UNIX, Windows operating systems
Mandatory technical skills
Administrator-level knowledge of at least one configuration management tool from the technologies and skills. Administrator-level knowledge of Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo
Desirable technical skills
- Apache and Java configuration
- Operating system administration - LINUX or UNIX
- Virtualised and cloud infrastructure
- Networking technologies
3 month initial contract.