Application Support Analyst
Salary: 27,000 – 36,000 + car allowance £4100
Applications are invited for the position of Application Support Analyst in the IT Application Support team. The role will be primarily based in Northampton, although some travel to other sites may be required. The working hours will be a standard 35 hour week, which will primarily be between Monday – Friday 08:00 – 18:00 although some degree of flexibility and unsocial hours cover will be required.
Purpose of the Role:
The IT Application Support Analyst will be responsible for the support, scheduling and maintenance of a variety of business applications, largely based on Microsoft technologies, used in the clients cheque clearing, external access and archiving solutions. The candidate will also, after demonstrating the necessary skills, be involved in live support of those applications out of business hours, either on an on-call or on site basis. They will also work with the Windows Application Deployment & IT Build teams ensuring the smooth transition of companies’ Applications from a project warranty phase into a business as usual status.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support applications and software to achieve agreed Incident resolution targets.
- Support of scheduling and file transfers.
- Carry out root cause analysis of problems to agreed Problem RCA targets.
- Review and Support the Delivery of application changes where required.
- Troubleshooting and recovery of .NET based thick and thin clients accessing Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Subject matter expert, provides advice and guidance on the correct application of technologies
- Execution and maintenance of application schedules in BAU environments based primarily around MS-DOS batch scripting and some VB Scripting.
- Providing second line support of third party software used in the company and liaising with 3rd party suppliers.
- Communicating and working with other IT teams.
- Provide 24/7 out of hours support as part of a team on a rota basis as required.
- Supporting business change.
- Providing support for disaster recovery tests.
- Providing testing support.
- Maintenance and creation of support documentation.
- Adherence to all IT policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in some of the supported applications.
- Working knowledge of CTRL-M or other scheduling tool.
- Working knowledge of Connect: Direct or other file transfer tool.
- Systems Management knowledge and skills preferable but not essential.
- Unix & Oracle skills preferable but not essential.
- Excellent Root Cause Analysis & problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 onwards.
- Advanced skills in writing SQL queries.
- Strong team player with excellent communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of IT Service Management processes preferable but not essential.
- Working knowledge in the use of BMC Remedy or other service Management tool.
- Good level of skills in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Good working knowledge of processes, procedures, controls & governance.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification in Service Management.
If you are interested in applying please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886 030 or email@example.com