Application Patching Analyst
Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager, the Application Patching Analyst has primary responsibility for ensuring all servers are kept up to date with the latest application patches available and security vulnerabilities are kept to a minimum.
You will work with the IT Service Delivery manager, System owners and senior stakeholders to create a patching cycle for all servers ensuring the latest patches are applied in every cycle.
In addition you will define an application patching process which is acceptable to the business and in line with security policies.
You will be responsible for the creation of patch reports and presentation of them to system owners and senior stakeholders.
You will work outside of normal office hours in order to apply patches to production systems. The core hours of this role will be 1330 – 2200, 5 days a week but a level of flexibility will be required. The core hours of the role will be review on a quarterly basis.
- Create and maintain an application patching cycle for all servers
- Apply application patches across the server estate within the agreed patching windows
- Ensure all patching activity is recorded correctly via the change process and maintain documentation as required.
- Create and maintain management reports to highlight patch compliance across the estate
- Responsible for provision of recovery point prior to patching and testing of server and system operation post execution.
- Responsible for post patching reviews with system owners, the IS Security Manager and the IS Service Delivery Manager
- Communicate with the group security team to understand requirements for new vulnerabilities and patches
- Record patching history and progress against all systems and servers
- Liaise with the SSC Active Defence Team ensuring all servers receive OS patches as and when required
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience working in a server patching role with Windows 2008R2, 2012 and 2012 R2 servers
- Understanding of the following operating systems and their related security concerns Windows 7 & 10.
- Experience of application patching across multiple servers
- Experience working in a customer facing technical role
- Knowledge and understanding of our application portfolio
- Experience and knowledge of application patching tools
- Knowledge of security best practices and security solutions
- Knowledge of cyber security threats and techniques used by adversaries to compromise systems.
- Experience of using Qualys to report on vulnerabilities
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886 030 or firstname.lastname@example.org