Application Architect – up to 65k + bens - Leicester
Our client is looking for an experienced Application Architect to join their growing IT Department. You will play a crucial part in helping us to drive forward in a fast moving retail environment.
About the Role
- You will be responsible for ensuring that technical solutions and strategies developed within the project development teams comply to department standards and direction.
- You will take a leading role in the systems design of new projects and undertake impact analysis on all technologies introduced.
- The Applications Architect is recognised as a designated holder of the over-arching architectures, coding and security standards and will conduct code reviews to ensure compliance as part of the application lifecycle.
- You will be highly skilled in a broad range of development techniques with a proven track record of enterprise application design. This role demands strong leadership skills and technical ability aligned with excellent management and communication skills.
- A ‘finisher’- who delivers what they commit to do, resilient in the face of difficulty.
- Energy and drive; willing to work long hours when required.
- Team player.
- Integrity and honesty; able to deliver bad news as well as good.
- Able to demonstrate commercial experience designing enterprise IT solutions.
- Excellent communicator to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Proven ability to interpret technical documentation, architectures and functional specifications.
- Excellent knowledge of application security.
- Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, enterprise service bus).
- Excellent knowledge of regression testing methodologies, usability, coding, accessibility and Web Standards.
- Practical experience in non-Microsoft database solutions (e.g. DB2).
- Experience working with C#/.Net is essential
For immediate consideration please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org