Application Analyst - Legal
Reports to - Application Delivery Manager
Shift rota – (hours between 08:00 and 18:30)
Up to £60K DOE
This company is an award winning city law firm. That build lasting relationships with public and private sector clients. It is there purpose to provide the very highest quality of service to our clients whilst enabling our people to achieve professional fulfilment in a supportive, inclusive and enjoyable working environment.
Reporting to the Application Delivery Manager, provide technical expertise across the Microsoft Office suite including Office 365. Play an active role in ensuring integrations and end-user experiences are optimised.
- Drive and design the application delivery to end-users ensuring users get access and exposed to the right application sets and configurations.
- Create and own the firm’s application catalogue which facilitate ease in which users can request new applications.
- Provide subject matter expertise across the Office 365 suite for both existing and upcoming functionality.
- Liaise and work closely with suppliers to ensure key desktop applications are up to-date and fully-functional and meeting the expectations and needs of the firm. Application list includes CompareDocs, PDFDOCS, CleanDocs, Iphelion Outline, Microsystems and DiskBuilder.
- Act as the main IT lead in the development and deployment of MS Office templates and precedents.
- Working closely with NetDocuments and third party vendors, ensure the DMS experience is optimised.
- Help facilitate the use of key applications via mobile and iPad devices.
- Key applications to be made available across such devices will include NetDocuments, CompareDocs and Outlook IOS.
Experience & Knowledge
- Certified Microsoft Office expert.
- Extensive expertise in the configuration, design, customisation and implementation of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint templates.
- Experience in the analysis, design, implementation, administration, and support of electronic document management systems, with a history of matter centric design.
- Experience in the integration of desktop applications with document management systems is required.
- Extensive experience with Office 365 ProPlus install methods and client settings.
- Excellent working knowledge of O365 technologies, including but not limited to: One-Drive, PowerApps, Flow, Teams, Yammer, Sway & Stream.
- Understanding of the licensing / subscriptions / options for MS Office 365 (E1 vs. E3 vs. E5)
- Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks (i.e. PowerShell, VBScript, Batch Files).
- Through SCCM, has sufficient experience in the deployment of applications and software updates.
- Experience in dealing with 3rd party suppliers and working with them to achieve results.
- Understanding of existing and emerging cloud-based Microsoft technologies.
- Experience within a technical environment performing solution design across technical domains.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.