Analytics Solution Architect
This role is based in Malvern, Farnborough or London working for a company with the team working within various sectors such as Big Data, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing for Security, Defence and Commercial customers, and includes software engineers, systems engineers and Human Science practitioners as well as Data Science specialists.
The aim of this team is to maintain and develop data analytics supporting projects across the whole company.
- Technical Leadership of bids and projects
- Leadership within an area of the business (an Integrated Delivery Team (IDT)) representing an enduring capability in Data Analytics
- Technical Sales – supporting the Business Development team to discuss possible solutions with customers
- Governance, review of customer deliverables
- Support formulation of strategy for Data Analytics within the company
- Working with Project Managers and customers producing quality technical output to satisfy customer requirements
- Accountable to the BD team for high-quality and timely material supporting the winning of new business with customers
- Accountable to the IDT (Integrated Delivery Team) Leader as part of their leadership team for maintaining and developing a growing team in Data Analytics, which covers members from other internal disciplines such as Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Human Sciences.
- Accountable to the Technical Excellence function within the company for the quality of customer deliverables
- Accountable for a contribution to the wider strategy in Analytics, Military Intelligence and AI
Key Knowledge and Skills/ Experience Required:
- Qualified to at least University Honours Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Good track record of technical leadership of Data Analytics projects.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in many aspects of the engineering, analysis and architecture of Big Data systems.
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the following:
- Big Data engineering
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Experience in leading Agile teams.
- Familiarity with a DevOps environment
- More general systems engineering design and implementation processes
- Enthusiastic and willing to work flexibly to be part of a high-performing team.
- Proven experience of working in a consultancy role, focused on customer needs and requirements or equivalent engineering role with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
- Experience across the full product development lifecycle from requirements to user testing.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communications skills.
This role will require the holder to hold a SC security clearance, and ideally a DV. If not held already, the holder will need to apply for a DV level of clearance, for which you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years, regardless of nationality.