Active Defence Analyst
£30,000 + bonus
About the Company
The company is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 50 countries. Whilst some companies claim to be ‘the best thing since sliced bread’, this company actually are! In the 1930’s they introduced sliced bread to the UK for the first time.
Reporting to the Active Defence team leader, the Active Defence Analyst is responsible for the support of the vulnerability and patch defense strategy across all platforms.
24/7 basis and as such shift work is an element of this role.
- Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system within Service Level Agreements.
- Support and development of the Active Defence service lines which include Microsoft SCCM, Symantec Endpoint Protection, MBAM, LAPS, Client and Server Hardening and application patching)
- To create and maintain management reports to highlight non-compliant endpoints with creation and management of remedial activity in all toolsets.
- To create, implement and maintain processes to improve and automate the talk back of clients to their management servers to facilitate accurate reporting.
- To establish and maintain a rolling baseline for endpoints under our management taking feeds from multiple inputs.
- Creation and maintenance of work instructions for the team’s remit.
- Development and execution of the patching strategy to all the managed endpoints.
- To participate in the security forum and to act as interface between service center and the main business regarding vulnerability scans.
- To provide guidance to the junior members when needed to ensure new and already defined process are adhered to.
- Ensuring Base Image builds both server and clients are kept in line with the current patch level and manage the deployment of these.
- Candidates must possess an excellent knowledge of the service line tools, namely Microsoft SCCM, Symantec Endpoint Protection and MBAM.
- Previous experience of a vulnerability management tool in an operational environment an advantage.
- Candidate will provide technical information system security testing and recommend remedial actions required to comply with regulatory compliance requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven role
- Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
- Proven Customer service Skills.
- Good knowledge of VMWare
- Knowledge / experience in the following technologies.
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Windows Workstation 7/8/8.1/10
- Patch Management
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Basic networking.
- IBM AIX/ Linux
- Microsoft enterprise solutions: Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, and other core software solutions and their related security concerns.
- Have intermediate level understanding of security tool strengths and weaknesses and ability to select, configure, troubleshoot and use the best tool for the job.
- Have intermediate level knowledge of cyber security threats and techniques used by adversaries to compromise systems, both technical and non-technical techniques.
- PowerShell scripting experience.
If you are interested in applying for this role please feel free to contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886 030 or email@example.com