2nd Line Systems Analyst – Financial Services – Northampton
An opportunity has arisen for a 2nd line Systems Analyst to join a well-established financial services provider at their corporate head office in Northampton. Ideally, from a financial services and/or banking background, your primary focus will be management of the clients’ current Windows environments as well as all things virtual. You will be expected to provide 2nd line support and escalation to 3rd line Infrastructure teams and provide input into future solutions and implementations.
- 2nd Line Support of Windows, VMware and Virtual Server Environments
- Support of Microsoft technologies, e.g. Active Directory, System Center
- Support of infrastructure software, e.g. GFI, Symantec EndPoint Protection
- Maintaining client technologies ensuring currency with supported versions of software
- Involvement in existing and new IT and business change projects.
- Assist team members in the completion of defined tasks and responsibilities within Service Level Agreements
- Assist teams members in the management of vulnerabilities using Nessus Software/Tenable Security Centre
- Assist in and take the lead on the production of existing Management Information (weekly reports), making efficiency improvements on existing processes through automation.
- Provide expert advice and guidance in field of expertise to other parts of the business as requested.
- Act as the subject matter expert in relevant fields.
£250 - 280 per professional day.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server and Client Operating Systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure Services active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Group Policy, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft System Center technologies
- Excellent Root Cause Analysis skills
- Good knowledge of VMware ESXi Architecture
- Good knowledge of Antivirus and GFI
- Good experience in creating and reviewing technical design documentation.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good understanding of data centre management
- Microsoft and VMware certification preferred
- Proficient knowledge of SQL Server, Email and SAN technologies an advantage
- Proficient with scripting languages such as PowerShell/VBScript a distinct advantage
To be successful in this position you will also need to complete credit and criminal background checks.