2nd Line Development Lead - Systems Analyst.
Based in central London, my client is one of the most iconic UK charities who are recognised globally and who do some incredible work.
They are going through an exciting 3 year digital transformation. The IT team are expanding and the next 6-12 months are stacked with a number IT projects big and small.
Due to this growth they are looking for an up and coming Development lead / Systems Analyst
Reporting to the Head of IT Development you will also be expected to work closely with other members of the IT Development Team, you will also have key relationships with other areas of IT, with technology vendors, and with business stakeholders across many departments within the organisation.
We are looking for an experienced individual, with a high level of 3rd Line Support, System Configuration, Database Administration, and Project Lifecycle experience; or will be a junior systems analyst with experience in all key areas who is ready to step up and has the potential to grow into this role. They will have the ability to work to tight deadlines, the ability to work autonomously but to know when to seek support and assistance, the ability to prioritise successfully between support work, BAU change and multiple high priority projects, and the ability to problem solve, analyse and investigate problems in high pressure situations.
Essentially, you will have:
- Advanced SQL and databases knowledge
- Familiar with off the shelf CRM products
- Familiar with data warehouses
- Familiar with system integration
- Familiar with reporting design and build
- Skill in writing technical documentation
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modelling
- Familiar with software project lifecycles, including Waterfall and Agile
- Conceptual thinking, able to understand the underlying issues in complex problems
- Self-managing, prioritising and multi-tasking
- Microsoft Office specifically Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Excel
Specifically, you will be Working on support activities and systems configuration as part of small, medium and large IT Projects:-
- Working with the Business Analyst to define IT Team requirements in major change projects to enable the IT Team to provide sufficient support and continuous change following go-live.
- Working with the Business Analyst in performing testing activities to ensure support and change tools are available and work as specified to enable the IT Team to support new and updated technologies as per service level agreements following go-live.
- Working with project managers, suppliers and vendors teams, as part of the design and development of system change for new or existing systems.
- Working with project managers, suppliers and vendor teams, in helping them understand, integrate with, or migrate data from existing systems.
- Working with the Head of IT Development in order to bring new technologies or major change to current technologies into the support and BAU cycle, including:-
- Quickly understand system change and new technologies, through user training, technical training, reading technical documentation, and using new or updated tools.
- Writing IT user guides for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line support where appropriate.
- Providing training or master classes in updated/new technologies to 1st / 2nd line support and other key support functions within the business.
- Providing 3rd line support and supporting 1st and 2nd line support after go-live.
Desirable experience might include a professional qualification in data base administration, qualifications or familiarity with Oracle Service Cloud, OBBIE, SOA, OPA, Web Centre Sites, Microsoft SQL or Reporting Services and an understanding of programming or solution architecture with a broad understanding of the trends in IT software development and support.